NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is committed to making this website accessible and usable to all users. Information to help you use and access information on the site is available below.
How To Improve Readability of This Site
The website has been built using cascading style sheets (CSS), this allows visitors to the site to make certain changes to the way the site looks, for example:
- Screen magnification can be employed.
- Alternative style sheets can be employed.
Our central web pages are constructed in accordance with the principles and guidance detailed in the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
To get the most from our website, the following should be in place on your machine:
An up-to-date browser version of one of the following:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie
- Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/download/
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en-GB/landing_tv.html
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
- Up-to-date version of Adobe Reader: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
Relevant Accessibility Links
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/
- The RNIB web access centre http://www.rnib.org.uk/professionals/webaccessibility/Pages/web_accessibility.aspx
- The JISC TechDis service provides IT-related information and support to disabled staff and students in UK academia: http://www.techdis.ac.uk/
- National Bureau for Students with Disabilities http://www.skill.org.uk/